logo only

About Our Consultations

View Index of Ailments Support

By Steven Horne, RH (AHG) & Kimberly Balas, ND
See also Free Radical Damage

A clouding of the lens of the eye is called a cataract. Cataracts usually develop from age-associated free radical damage but they may also be caused by injury.

Symptoms include blurred vision and glare, the latter especially at night.

For protection against cataract development antioxidants such as Thai-Go, Super Antioxidant or Super ORAC may be helpful.

Eyewash with Golden seal root  has been used to dissolve cataracts. It is made as a tea using 2-4 capsules per cup of boiling water.
The tea is then used as an eyewash several times per day.
It should be refrigerated and a fresh batch made every couple of days to prevent the tea from becoming contaminated and causing an eye infection.
This process often results in the eyes becoming weepy and red as toxins are eliminated.
If the eyes start becoming severely irritated discontinue the use of the eyewash..

Below is a list of suggested products. Those in bold are key products for the health issue explained on this page.
For details and ordering simply copy a product's name in the search box above or click on the bold name.

Therapies: Eyewash with Golden seal root

Herbs: Chickweed, Korean Ginseng

Herbal Formulas: Blood Stimulator, SF

Nutrients: Folic Acid Plus, L-Carnitine, MSM, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Zinc

Nutraceuticals: Carotenoid Blend, Free Amino Acids, Heavy Metal Detox, Lactase Plus, Mega-Chel, Melatonin Extra, Perfect Eyes, Super Antioxidant and Thai-Go


Copy1994 - 2022 Four Winds, Inc. USA
Disclaimer: We do not directly dispense medical advice or prescribe the use of herbs or supplements as a form of treatment for illness. The information found on this Web Site is for educational purposes only and to empower people with knowledge to take care of their own health. We disclaim any liability if the reader uses or prescribes any remedies, natural or otherwise, for him/herself or another. Always consult a licensed health professional should a need be indicated.